The Faron Spring is my Legend of Zelda fansite -- a celebration of my biggest interest and greatest comfort of 15+ years. Here, you'll find my theories, memories and thoughts on all things Zelda, curated selection of links, books and more for Zelda fans, preserved rare content and more.
Zelda & Me
It started with Wind Waker when I was five or so (this was back in 2004ish). Then it was Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on Collector's Edition for the Gamecube, and then Four Swords Adventures and Twilight Princess. I played these games a lot with my little sister and have so many happy memories linked to them. I see Link as one of my first friends.
As I grew older, Zelda was a big part of some of my most important friendships, and became a source of stability during my rough teen years.
These days, it still brings me so much immense joy in a way not much can. I am so grateful for the Legend of Zelda.
What's New ?
Breath of the Wild Sequel (March 2022 Delay Announcement Footage) My many thoughts on the BOTW sequel, including lots of new ideas and updates to old ones.
Breath of the Wild Sequel (E3 2021 Trailer) Major update with changes to most sections and a whole new section on Vaati!
Featured Site Sections
Curated content I recommend related to the Legend of Zelda (books, sites, videos, etc.) on a variety of topics (lore, analysis, critique, history, fandom, and more). This page gathers up everything recommended and linked around The Faron Spring and puts it all in one place with a simple sorting system.
Zelda content I've found and preserved myself, here for safekeeping and your pleasure. (Make sure to check out the library for way more preserved content you might not know about!)
Theories, predictions, ideas, hopes and general Zelda thoughts fleshed out. This is where I try to piece together, explain and predict lore developments, share what fun ideas I'd like to see (or have seen) implemented in games, expand upon elements of the games I did or didn't like, discuss my experiences as a (fringe) member of the fandom, and more!
The Legend of Zelda Comic Club (LOZCC) was an informal group of friends I was a part of in middle school that was largely centered around Legend of Zelda and drawing comics. We developed our own extensive fan lore for the series, several fan characters, and continuous stories and running jokes involving our self-inserts within the LOZCC universe. I hope to document this weird little part of my life here!
Other Pages On...
This section is sort of bulky, so if you can't find what you're looking for, try typing in what you're looking for here. (Not case sensitive!)
Official and Licensed Works
- Legend of Zelda / The Hyrule Fantasy
- BS The Legend of Zelda (BS-X remake)
- Adventure of Link
- A Link to the Past
- BS A Link to the Past (BS-X port)
- BS Ancient Stone Tablets (BS-X "sequel")
- Sound & Drama (sound drama)
- Link's Awakening
- CD-i games
- The Wand of Gamelon & The Faces of Evil
- Zelda's Adventure
- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Wind Waker
- Four Swords Adventures
- Navi Trackers / Tetra Trackers (Japan- and Korea-exclusive mode)
- Minish Cap
- Twilight Princess
- Link's Crossbow Training
- Tingle games
- Phantom Hourglass
- Subspace Emissary (Super Smash Bros. Brawl story mode)
- Spirit Tracks
- Skyward Sword
- Skyward Sword (Akira Himekawa manga)
- A Link Between Worlds
- Hyrule Warriors (musou game)
- Triforce Heroes
- Breath of the Wild
- Cadence of Hyrule (Crypt of the Necrodancer game)
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (musou game unrelated to Hyrule Warriors)
- Tears of the Kingdom
Cancelled, Pitched and Rumored Works
- Heroes of Hyrule (pitched Retro-developed title featuring old man Link)
- Project X (cancelled Retro-developed title featuring Sheik)
- Legend of Zelda Comic Club (Zelda-based friend group I was a part of in middle school)
- Linked Universe (alternate universe comic)
- Soprano of Time (Slightly Damned parody of Ocarina of Time)
- Toys / plushies